Friday, June 8, 2012

Good Food...

Over the past few days I have been making some yummy food. The other night I made a wonderful vegetable casserole that has become a favorite dinner in my house. 

Spinach, tomatoes, onion, minced garlic, and black pepper simmering on the stove.

Eggplant and zucchini baked and ready for the spinach mixture.

Finished product (with a bit of shredded cheese on top.)

As you can see M liked it pretty well.

Plates were cleaned all around the table!

This recipe is so easy and I love all the flavors the vegetables have to offer. This meal is a win in my house and that makes me so happy. For the hubs and kiddos I added extra cheese and made garlic bread. I did look longingly at the bread but was able to hold off! 

The meal I made last night was based off of a craving. Since even before starting this diet I have been craving Chinese food. Since the budget is tight AND I shouldn't be eating Chinese anyway, I decided to try my hand at making homemade egg rolls. The process was so easy but the product was irresistible. Unfortunately I ate 5 egg rolls (yes, 5!!!) and was paying for it later. They were good but they sat heavy on my stomach!


The cabbage mixture (chopped cabbage, shredded carrots, diced green onions, black pepper, garlic powder, and ground ginger.)

Making the egg rolls!
Ready to go into the frying pan.
Frying the egg rolls in walnut oil.

The finished product! Served with duck sauce. They were amazing! Totally satisfied my craving.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me feedback! I love hearing everyone's view on things.