Monday, June 18, 2012

Back on the bandwagon...

The past week or so I have been horrible with sticking to my diet. Cakes, cookies, meat, and dairy were all very persuasive. But now I am vowing to take control back!

Began the morning off with a kiwi/banana/carrot/oatmeal smoothie* and it tasted delish! B tried to drink it all but I fought hard for it. :)

This past weekend my girls and I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two wonderful people. It was, by the far, the best wedding I had ever been to. Very laid back and everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. M and B got to dress up in "fancy" clothes. M took it to the extreme with her outfit but still looked absolutely adorable.
We had so much fun at the wedding catching up with old friends and listening to some great music.
Thanks to the wonderful couple for putting on such a great party!
Now it is back to reality of hectic days at home with the kiddos and dog. And back to cooking wonderful whole foods again!

*Here is the recipe for the smoothie I made this morning:
2 kiwi fruit
1banana
10 baby carrots
2 tblsp old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup vanilla soymilk

Chop the kiwi and banana into cubes. Put in blender. Add oats and soymilk. Blend until smooth. Add carrots and blend until completely smooth. Either serve as is or pour over ice for a colder drink. Enjoy!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me feedback! I love hearing everyone's view on things.