Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 2 and Feeling Fine!

Today is day 2 of the no wheat, whole foods, plant based diet. I have done great so far. For breakfast I made a smoothie consisting of 1 kiwi, 4 large strawberries, 2 cups raw spinach, and a 1/4 cup of oatmeal. I added a splash of unsweetened coconut milk for a creamier consistency. Poured over ice it was delectable! This was a great breakfast-on-the-go as I had to load the kids up in the car for my youngest one's twelve month checkup. After the doctor appointment and then some fun at the library we made our way back home for lunch. Since I still have a lot of cheese I decided to make the girls a grilled cheese panini on whole wheat 12-grain bread for them to share, some tomato slices, and carrot sticks. For myself however I made a whole corn tortilla "panini" with sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and homemade hummus (only 3 ingrediants: chickpeas, minced garlic, and fresh lemon juice) to hold it all together. It was AMAZING!!! With some carrot sticks on the side I think I made myself a pretty healthy and filling lunch. 

Now I am enjoying some time outside on the back porch with my littles and the dog. The weather is amazing; warm, with a slight breeze to make it perfect. B is exploring the backyard on her two little feet and is being amazed by everything. Her favorite thing right now is the little house under the slide on the playset. 
 She is so cute finding new things to look at:
 
And having conversations with old friends:




M is exploring as well and bringing me all her little treasures:
She was so proud of the rock with all the sea shells and the ladybug wing. She found several dandelions and got all excited because she said that meant the "fluffy ones" would be coming soon! My little girl keeps me on my toes especially with her curiosity. She is always running all over the place like a little tornado, never really knowing which way she wants to go or what she wants to do next.
    
No matter how frantic she keeps me, she will always be my lovely little girl.



After several hours out in this beautiful weather I am still contemplating what to make for dinner. I have some ground beef in the fridge that needs to be used. I know it is a meat product but at least it is 95% lean. I'm thinking of making some egg rolls using the ground beef, spinach, onion, sweet peppers, avacado, and whatever else I find in my cupboards. If they are good I'll post about them later. But for now I am watching B push a swing and M is following the dog around pretending to be a puppy herself! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me feedback! I love hearing everyone's view on things.